- Homeschooling two kids is not the same thing as being a stay-at-home mom of preschoolers so you can’t have the same commitmtent level or you will crack and start crying during the Science Explorer’s class you teach. Too many committments and productivity does not equal happiness.
- Learning to say no to commitments that are good but not the best is an incredible skill that you should cherish. I have yet to learn this and desire it so much. It is hard being a person who doesn’t want to disappoint, but nobody really wants you to do a bad job, so learn to say no. (see learned thing number 1)
- I am not good at picking out hair color. It said medium brown! I just wanted it to be my natural color without gray. Vain, I know but I thought it would be fun before my husband and I went to a wedding this weekend. It’s black. I look goth with my very pale skin… don’t get me wrong I have nothing against goth… I’m just not cool enough to pull it off!
- Just because something has been done a zillion times and it’s not really pinworthy doesn’t mean your kids aren’t going to absolutely love it. We put a rose in blue dye… it turned to this in less than four hours… we were all amazed!
- The more time I spend with my kids the more creative I am at getting them to spend time together away from me… two “activities” this week…. make your own lunch… take my camera and surprise me with pictures outside… each yielded me with an hour of free time.
- We have too much stuff.
- I love my husband. Alpha marriage is a fun course that gives us a kid free night and a free dinner… We’ve only been once but we’re sold.
- I am getting old and parts of me don’t heal as quickly as they use to. I started a new work out plan… it involved these push ups that you then move into a one armed T type move.
My shoulder now aches and hurts and can’t move.. it’s been like this for almost two weeks… remember when we were 20 and aches healed the next day?
- It doesn’t matter how many times you read a Bible passage, you really can always find something new… this week I read Ephesians 3:1-13 everyday… it took me until Wednesday to really see and try to figure out 10 was something totally new to me… Is it our job as the church to make known the joy of salvation through Jesus to the heavenly realm… I have no idea but I’ve been thinking about it for days now.
Things I learned in September…
Do you want puffs in your inbox? Subscribe here.
Spy puffs would love to show up on your RSS feed... they are kind of needy.